Закрыть
WANT BETTER PRICES?
Join us and save 15%
and save 15%
Offer ends in
left
Wine Gabriëlskloof, The Landscape Series Syrah on Sandstone, 2015 | Vinoteka
South Africa
South Africa, Western Cape
South Africa, Western Cape
Code: 101704
Code: 101704

Wine Gabriëlskloof, The Landscape Series Syrah on Sandstone, 2015

1 394 000

The bouquet is savoury, with black olive, white pepper and violets lifting from the glass, all highlighting this as a cool climate, rocky vineyard Syrah. This spice is complemented by elegant, delicate purity of fruit and a tannin base that will ensure its longevity.

Characteristics

Serving temperature:
The serving temperature is extremely important and crucial to unlocking the full flavour and aromas of a wine. It is important to remember that each wine has an ideal serving temperature and one temperature is not suitable for all.
16-18°C
Light
Full
Smooth
Tannic
Dry
Sweet
Soft
Acidic
Beef
Lamb
Chicken
Duck

Tasting Notes:

The bouquet is savoury, with black olive, white pepper and violets lifting from the glass, all highlighting this as a cool climate, rocky vineyard Syrah. This spice is complemented by elegant, delicate purity of fruit and a tannin base that will ensure its longevity. Black fruit, blackberry, pepper, white pepper, oak, cedar, mocha

Vineyards:

The Syrah from Sandstone site is mountainous and made up of broken Sandstone rock, making it incredibly tough for vineyards to grow. This merciless environment leads to low vigour and very small yields, resulting in a complex, unique wine.

Winemaking process:

The grapes were hand-picked into small crates and transferred directly into cool rooms where it remained overnight. 70% of the crop was destemmed with the remaining 30% left as whole clusters. The wine was fermented wild and aged in 500L barrels for 18 months, with 30% new French Oak used.

Interesting notes:

The 2015 vintage led to early proclamations that it is a Cape classic, and the wines are certainly backing this up. In his fourth annual guide to South African wines, award-winning British wine writer and Master of Wine Tim Atkin says the 2015 vintage is“the best I’ve tasted in 26 years...”.A wet 2014 provided ample reserves for the vines to develop happily through the warm and dry summer leading to early, but full ripeness and beautifully balanced wines.

Region:
Western Cape
Producer:
Volume:
0.75L
Vintage:
2015
Alcohol:
13.5%
:
5 years
Appellation
Appellation:
Swartland, Coastal Region, Western Cape

Our recommendations

We use cookies
We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. By using the website you agree to our use of cookies.
Allow cookies
Are you over 18 years old?

It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to or obtain alcohol on behalf of a person under the age of 18 years. It is a condition of purchase that you verify that you are 18 years of age or over. If you do not verify that you are 18 years or older your order will not be processed.

login
Saved amount:
0